Tuesday, March 11, 2014

C4K

Kidblog

C4K Wk#1 Comment

Jake W in Ms. Toal's class - 4th/5th grade Boys Scoil Fhursa in Dublin, Ireland

Jake wrote about a class trip to the library to meet the author Kevin Stevens who wrote The Powers. It's a fun book about a family named The Powers. He suggested visiting the website to learn more.

I commented that I visited the website like he suggested and that the book looked like a fun book to read. I asked him if he liked to write stories and if he could write a book one day, what would it be about?


C4K Wk#2

Comment #1
Jacob in Mrs. Reuter's Class - 5th/6th grade Wisconsin

Jacob wrote about an outing he took for a friend's birthday to a ski resort called Sunburst. They went tubing down some hills and had a blast!

I commented that it sounds like he had a lot of fun in the snow at Sunburst. I told him that in Alabama we do not have snow very often but that it snowed here in January for the first time in over ten years. I also told him that instead of tubing on the snow, we go tubing on a lake or river. Then I asked him if he had ever been tubing or skiing on a lake or a river?


Comment #2
Cooper C. in Mrs. Gelde's 4th grade Class in Nebraska

Cooper was asked to write about if he could have a super power, then what would it be. He would like to be able to fly because then in kickball he could just fly around the bases.

I commented that I think flying would be a great super power, but I would like to be able to read people's minds. Then I would be able to know what people are thinking without them having to tell me. I commented that he did a great job on the picture he posted of showing how he would fly.


Comment #3
Buckets_4 in Mrs. Miller's Class - HS English Baldwin Co

She wrote about karma and how she was ugly to someone and the next day she hurt her ankle. She also wrote about how she would like to go to college one day and make something of her life. It was difficult to read because of poor grammar, all lowercase letters, and no punctuation.

I commented that I think karma is real but most importantly I liked it when she wrote that being horrible to people gets you nowhere in life. I told her that ultimately we can only control our own actions. I also let her know that I liked reading that she would like to go to college and make something of her life. Then I asked her which college would she like to attend and what would she like to study.


C4K Wk#3

Comment #1
It's Me in Mrs. Miller's Class - HS English Baldwin Co

The student wrote a short story titled, David and the Crystal Eye. It's a story about a man named David who reads about the crystal eye in book and then becomes obsessed with it. The crystal eye gives the power that know one can pierce you if you have it. David becomes so obsessed with obtaining the crystal eye that saves up enough money to leave his family and travel to Australia to get it. Before he gets to the island with the crystal eye, the plane he is on crashes on the island. After the crash, David goes on a search for the crystal eye. When he finds it, he has to fight the pilot of the plane to keep it. Then he quickly escapes the island on another plane. When David returns home, he has the crystal eye put in the Smithsonian for safe keeping.

I commented that I read his story about the crystal eye. It was very intense! I told him that he had me wondering to the end if David was going to get the crystal eye. Then I asked him if likes to write short stories and was this story inspired by another story he has read.


Comment #2
Cordell in Mrs. Long's 10th grade class

Cordell wrote about the movie Shawshank Redemption. It's his favorite movie because of the "amazing plot." He also likes how it was filmed in a real prison in Maine.

I commented that I like the Shawshank Redemption too. I told him that I think it is a cleverly written story about determination. Then I asked him if he likes any other Stephen King books and/or movies.


Comment #3
Kylie B. in Ms. Frahm's 7th grade class at Bode Middle School in St. Joseph, MO

Kylie wrote an argumentative assignment on Athens. She wrote about the schooling of boys and girls and how they differed. The boys were sent to school to be educated while the girls stayed home to learn.

I commented that I read her assignment on Athens. I told her that I found it interesting that only boys were able to go to school to receive a formal education. Then I asked her how she thinks life would be today if this still occurred, only boys could go to school and girls had to stay home to learn.

No comments:

Post a Comment