Tuesday, April 8, 2014

C4K March/April

Week #4

Comment #1
Punaiuru in Mrs. She's 2nd year class at Pt England School in Auckland, New Zealand

Punaiuru wrote some sentences about going swimming and she read them on a video she made using Vimeo.

I commented that I liked hearing about her swimming day, and I told her that she did a good job reading her sentences. I also encouraged her to keep up the good work on her reading and writing.

Comment #2
Jarreka in Mrs. She's 2nd year class at Pt England School in Auckland, New Zealand

Mrs. She posted a picture of the girls in her class waiting for their turn to swim in the lake.

I commented that Jarreka and her classmates are doing a good job patiently waiting for their turn to swim. I asked her if she enjoyed swimming, and if she had fun with her classmates.

Comment #3
John in Mrs. She's 2nd year class at Pt England School in Auckland, New Zealand

John's 6th birthday was in February and Mrs. She posted a video of the class singing happy birthday to him while he blew out the candles on the cake that his grandma brought to the school.

Happy Birthday

First, I wished John a Happy late Birthday! Then, I commented that I watched the video of John's classmates singing Happy Birthday to him. I told him that it was nice of his grandma to bring a cake for his birthday. I also wrote that my birthday is almost the same day as his, and told him that mine is on February 16. I encouraged him to have a good year at school.

Week #5

Comment #1
Isaaka in Mrs. Lagitupu's Year 7/8 class at Pt England School in Auckland, New Zealand

Isaaka wrote about his day at the park with his dad, little brother, friends, and cousins. It was Movies in the Park day and they watched "Cloudy with a Chance of Meatballs 2."

I commented that Movies in the Park sounds like a fun time. I told him that I like "Cloudy with a Chance of Meatballs 2" too, but I like the first one better. I asked him if he has seen the first "Cloudy with a Chance of Meatballs", and if so, which does he like better, the first or the second?

Comment #2
Bee
T.A. in Mrs. Lavakula's Year 4/5 class at Pt England School in Auckland, New Zealand

T.A. labelled the parts of a bee.

I wrote to T.A. that she did a good job labeling the bee. Then I asked her if she likes bees, and I told her that I like the honey the make, but I always run from them because I am afraid they are going to sting me.


Comment #3
Deserae in Mrs. Nua and Mr. Barks Year 7/8 class at Pt England School in Auckland, New Zealand

Deserae wrote a biographical poem. She wrote about the things she loves and hates, the places she wants to visit, the people she would like to meet, and the things she is scared of.

I told Deserae that she did a good job on her biographical poem. I commented that I learned a lot about her, and like her I like to laugh, too, and I'm also scared of snakes. Then, I asked her why she wants to go to the UK? I also asked her if there is something special she would like to see there?

Week #6

Comment #1
Ariana in Mr. Goodwin and Miss Garden's Year 6 class at Pt England School in Auckland, New Zealand

Ariana wrote a post about a book she is reading, The Brain Sucker by Glenn Wood. She has only read two pages but she wrote that it is excellent.

I commented to Ariana that the "The Brain Sucker" sounds like an interesting book. Then I asked her if she had read anymore of the book, and does she know why it is called "The Brain Sucker" yet?

Comment #2
Michael in Mr. Goodwin and Miss Garden's Year 6 class at Pt England School in Auckland, New Zealand

Michael posted an audio recording of a lesson on speech marks that he and other students had with Mr. Goodwin.

I commented to Michael that this is a good lesson on speech marks. I told him great job on knowing that speech marks are called punctuation, and I encouraged him to keep up the good work.

Comment #3
Juliet in Mr. Goodwin and Miss Garden's Year 6 class at Pt England School in Auckland, New Zealand

Harakeke tree
Juliet has posted a Google Docs presentation that she has started called Native Trees of New Zealand. She is focusing on the Harakeke tree.

I commented to Juliet that she has a good start to her presentation on native trees of New Zealand. I told her that I did not know about the Harakeke tree so I learned something by looking at her presentation. I also told her that the Harakeke tree sounds like a very useful tree, and I encouraged her to keep up the good work on her presentation.

No comments:

Post a Comment